Terms Of Service
AGREEMENT TO TERMS
The information provided on the Site is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject us to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. Accordingly, those persons who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site (or any portion thereof).
MEMBERSHIP PAYMENT & ACTIVATION.
To access the Service, you must create an account with LiteStreet Academy and activate a Membership. A Membership is activated once LiteStreet Academy receives payment of the Membership Fee, which is set at registration and is based on the number of children the parent registers, and the tier of the package purchased. LiteStreet Academy accepts payments online via third party payment system Stripe.
MEMBERSHIP TERM & RENEWAL.
A typical Membership begins on the Activation Date and extends for one (1) month (the “Term”). For users paying for a Membership by credit card, the Membership automatically renews for an additional one (1) month at the end of the Term, and LiteStreet Academy will bill the same Membership Fee to the credit card the user selected at registration in order to renew the Membership. Each month thereafter, the Membership will automatically renew at the same Membership Fee, unless the user makes a change, such as adding additional students or cancelling the Membership, prior to the last date of the month as provided below. If payment is not received by LiteStreet Academy for any reason, including charge back, LiteStreet Academy reserves the right to suspend or terminate a user’s Membership. In addition, all users understand that once a Membership is terminated all information relating to the user (including student data and assignments) may be terminated or deleted. If the user chooses to purchase the full year course, they will be charged only a one time fee.
You are required to register with the Site. Your password gives you access to the Membership service. Please take appropriate measures to keep your password confidential and do not share it with third parties or with your children. You will be responsible for all activities that occur under your password regardless of whether you are the person who took such actions. If your password gets disclosed, please advise LiteStreet Academy immediately and we will issue a new password and eliminate the previous one.
Users may cancel their membership at any time using account settings or by sending a cancel request to firstname.lastname@example.org. All cancellations are processed immediately followed by an email confirmation that gets sent within 24 business hours. The cancellation will become effective at the start of the next billing term. Whenever a Membership is canceled pursuant to this Section, LiteStreet Academy will delete the information relating to the user (including student history, data and reports) on or immediately after the effective date of the cancellation. Once data has been deleted by LiteStreet Academy, it cannot be recovered. LiteStreet Academy reserves the right to cancel a user’s Membership if the user fails to make a payment. For purposes of this section, a user is deemed to have paid LiteStreet Academy when the user’s credit payment has been received by LiteStreet Academy’s merchant account or bank account. LiteStreet Academy also reserves the right to cancel a Membership for any reason, including, without limitation for lack of use or if LiteStreet Academy believes you have violated the letter or spirit of the Terms of Service. LiteStreet Academy shall not be liable to the user or any third-party for the cancellation of your Membership, deletion of your account, or access to the LiteStreet Academy website.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE.
New Users who sign up for a Membership, provided they have not taken part in a free trial, have a 14-day period during which there is an unconditional money-back guarantee. If you cancel your Membership during this time, you will receive a full refund. For purposes of this section and the Terms of Service, a “New User” is someone who has never had a Membership with Time4Learning and is activating a Membership using a credit card for the first time.
All payments for Memberships to LiteStreet Academy are non-refundable, unless you are a New User (defined above) who requests a refund within the 14-day money back guarantee period. All payments for full course purchase are non-refundable as well, unless the user requests a refund within 14-days from the date of purchase.
SPECIAL OFFERS & PRICE CHANGES.
LiteStreet Academy may run special offers periodically. These special offers are subject to change at any time, and may have certain restrictions, including, but not limited to, restricting users to the use of one special offer. Pricing is subject to change with notice by LiteStreet Academy. Any changes made by LiteStreet Academy become effective at the start of the next billing term.
No Guarantee of Results.
LiteStreet Academy is a tool to assist your child for education and entertainment purposes. Because every child learns differently, LiteStreet Academy cannot guarantee particular results from a child’s use of the Service
SPECIAL OFFERS & PRICE CHANGES.
LiteStreet Academy is a tool to assist your child for education and entertainment purposes. Because every child learns differently, LiteStreet Academy cannot guarantee particular results from a child’s use of the Service.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT LITESTREET ACADEMY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF LITESTREET ACADEMY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE. YOUR SOLE REMEDY WILL BE TO TERMINATE YOUR MEMBERSHIP.
You may not access or use the Site for any purpose other than that for which we make the Site available. The Site may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
As a user of the Site, you agree not to:
- Systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us.
- Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Site and/or the Content contained therein.
- Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site.
- Use any information obtained from the Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
- Make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- Use the Site in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
- Engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Site or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the Site.
- Engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- Sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
- Attempt to bypass any measures of the Site designed to prevent or restrict access to the Site, or any portion of the Site.
- Decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site.
- Except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Site, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software.
- Use a buying agent or purchasing agent to make purchases on the Site.
- Make any unauthorized use of the Site, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses.
- Use the Site as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the Site and/or the Content for any revenue-generating endeavor or commercial enterprise.
USER GENERATED CONTRIBUTIONS
- The creation, distribution, transmission, public display, or performance, and the accessing, downloading, or copying of your Contributions do not and will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or moral rights of any third party.
- Your Contributions are not false, inaccurate, or misleading.
- Your Contributions are not unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam, mass mailings, or other forms of solicitation.
- Your Contributions are not obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, libelous, slanderous, or otherwise objectionable (as determined by us).
- Your Contributions do not ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate, or abuse anyone.
- Your Contributions do not advocate the violent overthrow of any government or incite, encourage, or threaten physical harm against another.
- Your Contributions do not violate any applicable law, regulation, or rule.
- Your Contributions do not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
- Your Contributions do not contain any material that solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner.
- Your Contributions do not violate any federal or state law concerning child pornography, or otherwise intended to protect the health or well-being of minors;
- Your Contributions do not include any offensive comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual preference, or physical handicap.
By submitting suggestions or other feedback regarding the Site, you agree that we can use and share such feedback for any purpose without compensation to you.
We do not assert any ownership over your Contributions. You retain full ownership of all of your Contributions and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your Contributions. We are not liable for any statements or representations in your Contributions provided by you in any area on the Site. You are solely responsible for your Contributions to the Site and you expressly agree to exonerate us from any and all responsibility and to refrain from any legal action against us regarding your Contributions.
GUIDELINES FOR REVIEWS
We may provide you areas on the Site to leave reviews or ratings. When posting a review, you must comply with the following criteria: (1) you should have firsthand experience with the person/entity being reviewed; (2) your reviews should not contain offensive profanity, or abusive, racist, offensive, or hate language; (3) your reviews should not contain discriminatory references based on religion, race, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability; (4) your reviews should not contain references to illegal activity; (5) you should not be affiliated with competitors if posting negative reviews; (6) you should not make any conclusions as to the legality of conduct; (7) you may not post any false or misleading statements; and (8) you may not organize a campaign encouraging others to post reviews, whether positive or negative.
We may accept, reject, or remove reviews in our sole discretion. We have absolutely no obligation to screen reviews or to delete reviews, even if anyone considers reviews objectionable or inaccurate. Reviews are not endorsed by us, and do not necessarily represent our opinions or the views of any of our affiliates or partners. We do not assume liability for any review or for any claims, liabilities, or losses resulting from any review. By posting a review, you hereby grant to us a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, fully-paid, assignable, and sublicensable right and license to reproduce, modify, translate, transmit by any means, display, perform, and/or distribute all content relating to reviews.
TERM AND TERMINATION
If we terminate or suspend your account for any reason, you are prohibited from registering and creating a new account under your name, a fake or borrowed name, or the name of any third party, even if you may be acting on behalf of the third party. In addition to terminating or suspending your account, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, criminal, and injunctive redress.
MODIFICATIONS AND INTERRUPTIONS
We reserve the right to change, modify, or remove the contents of the Site at any time or for any reason at our sole discretion without notice. However, we have no obligation to update any information on our Site. We also reserve the right to modify or discontinue all or part of the Site without notice at any time. We will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, price change, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site.
There may be information on the Site that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions, including descriptions, pricing, availability, and various other information. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions and to change or update the information on the Site at any time, without prior notice.
We will maintain certain data that you transmit to the Site for the purpose of managing the performance of the Site, as well as data relating to your use of the Site. Although we perform regular routine backups of data, you are solely responsible for all data that you transmit or that relates to any activity you have undertaken using the Site. You agree that we shall have no liability to you for any loss or corruption of any such data, and you hereby waive any right of action against us arising from any such loss or corruption of such data.
ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS, TRANSACTIONS, AND SIGNATURES
Visiting the Site, sending us emails, and completing online forms constitute electronic communications. You consent to receive electronic communications, and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications we provide to you electronically, via email and on the Site, satisfy any legal requirement that such communication be in writing. YOU HEREBY AGREE TO THE USE OF ELECTRONIC SIGNATURES, CONTRACTS, ORDERS, AND OTHER RECORDS, AND TO ELECTRONIC DELIVERY OF NOTICES, POLICIES, AND RECORDS OF TRANSACTIONS INITIATED OR COMPLETED BY US OR VIA THE SITE. You hereby waive any rights or requirements under any statutes, regulations, rules, ordinances, or other laws in any jurisdiction which require an original signature or delivery or retention of non-electronic records, or to payments or the granting of credits by any means other than electronic means.
In order to resolve a complaint regarding the Site or to receive further information regarding use of the Site, please contact us at:
42395 Ryan Road #112-258
Ashburn, VA 20148